Thursday, May 10, 2007

Scenes from A Midsummer Night's Dream

For a scene I would like to act one containing the actor such as Bottom and Quince. In the first scene they appear in, I would have to act like our troop is talented and skilled. It would be challenging to try to act like an amateur actor that's trying their best to act professionally well. I enjoy the craziness that ensues when they're trying to practice their lines. It wouldn't matter to me who I played in the scene.
I would also like the second time they appear because that's when Puck makes his mischief, turning the head of Bottom to that of a donkey. This scene would display the actor's surprise and distraught, while Bottom remains undeterred, which would be challenging, but fun to act. It once again doesn't matter who I play in the scene, just one of the troop or Puck.
For a scene not containing the actors, I would like to do any part in Act 3 Scene 2. This is the part when both Lysander and Demetrius are spellbound by the flower to love Helena, with the Oberon and Puck behind the scenes. I like this scene because of the interactions between the characters, as well as Puck and King Oberon meddling in their affairs. In this scene I would like to play either Lysander, Demetrius, or Oberon.

No comments: