Wednesday, February 21, 2007

6 Methods of Characterization

We learned about 6 ways to characterize characters in a story. Our homework was to characterize our story from the other night.

Apperance: My story to tell is about my cousin Chucky. He is about 6 years older than I am. His hair is of reativly short length, neat and tidy, and he wears glasses. Chucky is pretty thin and probably a little taller than the average height, and 2/3 Chinese.

Inner thought/Feeling: He showed a look of surprise, then it turned to a worried face before he rushed to the garden outside.

What they say:"Have you seen my rat around?" Chucky asked his mother.
"Yes," she answered, "I threw him out in the garden."

Enviroment:His mother, my aunt is a school teacher. Chucky's father lives on the Big Island with his grandfather.

Actions: He showed a look of surprise, then it turned to a worried face before he rushed to the garden outside.

No comments: